I have a secret: I’m not a fan of social media. However, I am a fan of meeting amazing people. One of them is Holly from Cat Care Solutions. She has created an incredible resource on all things cat, including product reviews, behavior tips, health advice, and so more. After chatting on IG, Holly and I decided it would be cool to team up and write some articles together! First up: Vet bills (and a little more).
We want to share information near and dear to our hearts that we really feel helps others. So, we combined our passion for TNR with helping anyone who has limited financial or veterinary resources. The result is a two-parter: low cost spay and neuter options and how to save money on vet bills. These articles provide everything you need to make smarter choices around basic vet care, caring for strays, and even important surgeries like spay/neuter and dentals.
Just a few highlights:
- How to find low cost spay and neuter programs in your area, including shelters, veterinary college and other resources
- Difference between low-cost clinics and nonprofit full-service vets
- How to build a positive relationship with your vet (and what to do if you can’t)
- What questions to ask about diagnostics, and what to do when you can’t afford them
- How different med formulations can lower your vet bills
- How to know what’s an ER visit or just a vet visit
- How to use Care Credit and other financing options
- Much more
Take a look at Part I by Holly and Part II by me and enjoy!